SkinLab The Medical Spa: Reviewing Their In-House Blemish Control Essence & Apple Stem Cell Ageless Serum


With six outlets dotting all over Singapore, you know that this medical spa treatment centre would definitely know a thing or two when it comes to the largest organ of our body – the skin. This skin centre provides an array of treatments dealing with common dermatological problems such as acne, scars, pigmentation and more.

SkinLab has now released their own line of specially-concocted products, thus allowing consumers to continue experiencing and receiving treatment for their skin problems back in the comfort of their own homes. Read on to find out more about two of their award-winning products, Blemish Control Essence and Apple Stem Cell Ageless Serum.

| About SkinLab The Medical Spa

SkinLab The Medical Spa is renown for their non-invasive, non-surgical beauty solutions which are safe, effective and provided to their customers with the highest standards possible. For their in-house tailored treatments, they use the latest well-researched machines along with products that have been tried, tested and proven with advice from medical/aesthetics doctors.

As mentioned earlier, the world-class spa has now created their own products that aim to aid clients who wish to continue receiving treatment for their skin problems at home. The two identified products have been awarded the word of affirmation by popular women publication, Nu You Singapore magazine.


| Blemish Control Essence (50ml)

SkinLab Blemish Control Essence

A mild anti-bacterial and antiseptic astringent that gently clears away impurities to unclog pores. Burdock root extracts help prevent acne formation and fight free radical toxins.

Instructions for use: Apply twice daily or as required onto cotton pad, and tap over affected area.

Price: $198

Rating: 3.8/5

My two cents:

I have tons of blemishes on my face, which are albeit not visible on camera, but definitely a showstopper when I am without makeup. The types of blemishes that I frequently face are black heads, white heads and some acne-marks.

Blemishes are a pain-in-the-ass. When I was in my teenage years (and plagued with puberty pimples), I thought they with age, pimples and blackheads would somehow naturally disappear. The pimples did go away – unless I got lazy and failed to cleanse my face properly – but the blackheads remained a staple in my life.

I used the Blemish Control Essence for 2 weeks, and noticed a feasible reduction in blackheads and whiteheads on my nose. It felt great to sport a cleaner nose!

As for its smell, the product had a distinct rubber-like smell which resembled the scent of glue from stickers? It isn't the most pleasing but I wouldn't count it as disgusting either. I found it tolerable, and it helped that the smell went away once the essence dried up.

I had my doubts about the product as I wondered if it was just my imagination on the blemish reduction. Hence I did a reverse experiment and stopped using the essence. For the next two weeks, the positive results persisted and I continued wearing a cleaner nose. By the third week, my blackheads began to gradually reappear and that's how I knew... the Blemish Control Essence were indeed responsible for getting rid of my blemishes!

I wouldn't deny that this is one helluva expensive essence – hence the knock-off for a couple of points on its rating – but the stunning results are undeniable too! If you are looking for a facial product that can truly help to prevent blemishes, AND you have about two hundred bucks to spare, then do get this results-guaranteed Blemish Control Essence!


| Apple Stem Cell Ageless Serum (30ml)

SkinLab Apple Stem Cell Ageless Serum

An anti-ageing face therapy serum created using apple fruit cell that also improves the overall skin texture!

Instructions for use: Apply serum to clean dry skin on face, neck and décolletage.

Price: $149

Rating: 3.5/5

My two cents:

Firstly, I love the smell of apples hence it has always been a joy to apply this product! As for its results... I can't say that I have seen much of an improvement.

Perhaps, the lack of results can be attributed to my young(?) age and the sufficient amount of sleep that I have been getting these days. Lately I hadn't been experiencing any signs of aging (ie. wrinkles around the eyes, discolouration in facial complexion) thus there is nothing much to test on this current canvas.

The only positive results that I have indeed noticed are a slightly brighter and well-hydrated skin.

On a side note, I must comment that this is one of the few anti-aging products that I have found to be milder on the skin. Most of them are either really harsh (contains tons of acid to give a "pulling" effect) or really oily.

The Apple Stem Cell Ageless Serum feels light on the skin, spreads easily and gets absorbed quickly! Definitely plus points for that!


*****

For more information on where to purchase these beauty products, do check out SkinLab's website here.

1 comment